Ten to Go — Guys: Lose weight, improve your sex life
Male sexual arousal is complex, involving all kinds of physical and psychological processes. Things like stress frequently come into play. But most of the problems are physical, including high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, low testosterone and — the old standby — obesity.
To improve your sex life, improve your eating habits. Avoid high-fat meals — they can affect testosterone and libido — and eat more seafood and vegetables.
One goal should be to lose weight. Here’s a good reason: Healthynewage.com points out that most of the penis lies in abdominal fat and that losing 35 pounds of excess weight can translate to an extra inch of penis.
Getting fit enhances your sex life; as bodybuildingforyou.com pionts out, a healthy lifestyle has the greatest impact on a man’s sexual ability and enjoyment.
Asian asparagus slaw
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and shaved using a vegetable peeler
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup roasted chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk rice vinegar, soy sauce or tamari, ginger, sesame oil, vegetable oil and salt until well combined. Combine the asparagus, carrot, cabbage, bell pepper, mint and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss lightly with the dressing and garnish with the sesame seeds, cashews and additional herbs if desired.